Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Knitting benefits (EN)



Knitting or crocheting is often associated with old-time activities and people may avoid it.
But if we use our imagination there can be obtained exquisite things: very good quality products and modern designs.
 
For example, I began to knit when I realized that the great majority of my sweaters had a low a quality: after several washes they looked bad.
I have started with a simple project: a scarf. I bought a very nice and modern yarn and the result was awesome. It looked extremely modern and the feedback I received was very positive (even I haven't knitted for a quite a long period of time).

This experience brought me some benefits and convinced me to continue:

1. Knitting is fun
Choosing yarns and combining colors can be extremely fun. I feel like a child choosing his toys. Nowadays, there are so many types of  interesting yarns.  It is a real pleasure to knit them.

2. Great satisfaction
 A finished project gives you the sense of accomplishment and even increases self esteem.


3. Distraction from technology
When I come home from work I might be tempted to look at TV or stay long hours at PC. After that I feel very tired and have the feeling that I have wasted my time.

I combine a session of knitting with good music or an audiobook and I feel awesome.

4. Reduces stress & therapeutic value
It is a proven scientific fact that knitting is used an anti-depressant .

We realize that we are feeding our mind with useless thoughts because we do not have something else to focus on.When we find something we like, we concentrate on that thing and all other problems seem to vanish away. Just switching the attention to create, puts on hold other things on our mind.

Other benefits:

5. I have some research on the internet and found that are studies showing that crafting protects the brain from damage caused by aging.

6. Socializing potential
You can meet people with the same hobby.


Enjoy knitting!









No comments:

Post a Comment